Institute of Biomedical Systems (BMS)
Director of BMS: Sergei Vasilievich Selishchev, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor
The key partners of the BMS institute are CJSC SDB Zenit, OJSC BIOSS, LLC Medical Computer Systems, and CJSC SPC Doza.
The Institute has prepared 14 Candidates of Sciences and seen 2 professors defend their thesis works for the Doctor of Physics and Mathematics degree.
The Institute has developed interlacing principles for organizing multilevel interdisciplinary education and research activities in the field of biomedical electronics for:
- electronics, physics, biology and medicine;
- electronics and biomedical technology;
- practical medicine needs and R&D areas.
Both fundamental and applied medical and technical researches are subdivided in two main areas of the BMS Institute:
- fundamental physical principles for biomedical diagnostic systems, therapy, surgery, and narrow applications: optical and acoustic methods for biomedical object visualizing, computational tomography, neural networks, interaction of intense optical radiation with nonlinear environments, acoustic measurements and gas-liquid environment flow visualizations, and electrical heart defibrillation;
- biomedical electronics and biomedical computer technologies: analysis and processing of biomedical signals and images, software development and hardware systems for physiological information collection and processing, photometric devices, external electric defibrillators, and high-current digital generators.