Information technologies in design
National Research University of Electronic Technology (MIET)
DESCRIPTION OF BACHELOR'S PROGRAM
«Information technologies in design»
Education Field: 09.03.02 Information Systems and Technologies
The educational program gives the students the opportunity to obtain modern comprehensive education that combines theoretical knowledge in the field of natural sciences, general engineering and special disciplines, fundamental study of information systems and technologies and acquiring skills in the field of digital design, development of virtual environments, artistic and aesthetic development.
Much attention is paid to prepare the students for real professional activities, taking into account current trends in programming, digital design, three-dimensional geometric computer modeling, animation, visualization and multimedia. Our classes are equipped with modern technology, which enable students while they studying to take part in work on real projects under the guidance of professional designers. Leading specialists in these spheres are involved in the management of students' project studios.
2. MISSION AND OBJECTIVES OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
2.1. Mission of the educational program
Formation of Russian professionals elite competing in the global digital art and design market, formation of a new educational model aimed at educating thoughtful and responsible professionals trained at the highest level in accordance with international standards in the computer graphics industry, and integrated into the global economic and production process.
2.2. Objectives of the educational program
– Development and self-development of a holistic personality - a world-class professional in the field of information systems and technologies related to computer graphics and digital design. Development of professional skills for successful realizing their creative potential to achieve a high level of competitiveness in specialized areas of activity. Implementation and improvement of education in the field of the latest computer technologies, 3-D graphics, animation, visualization of design and artistic solutions.
– High-quality training of students and their receipt of higher professional specialized education, ensuring familiarization with modern society and development of general cultural, general professional and professional competencies, ensuring social mobility and stability in the labor market and allowing successful work in the field of development, production and implementation of a digital products.
3. GENERAL CHARACTERISTIC OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
Orientation (profile) – 09.03.02 Information Systems and Technologies
Assigned qualification – Bachelor
Mode of study – full-time
Languages of instruction – Russian
Duration of study – 4 years
Special features of educational program
The educational program is focused on practical design activities, including engineering knowledge and art education symbiosis.
Education is based on immersion in the relevant professional, social, cultural, economic and political context through the organization of interdisciplinary joint projects with the participation of representatives of various training areas: programmers, engineers, economists, designers. We use innovative educational technologies, provide a variety of methods and concepts in design and computer modeling.
Requirements for the applicant
Document on secondary (complete) general education or secondary vocational education. Other requirements are established by the Rules for admission to the MIET for a particular academic year.
4. CHARACTERISTIC OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY OF GRADUATES OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
4.1. Area of professional activities
- 06 Communication, information and communication technologies (in the field of electronic means design, development, production and operation);
- 11 Media, publishing and printing
4.2. Types of professional tasks and tasks of professional activity
Types of graduates' professional tasks:
- project (engineering);
- production and technological.
Tasks of graduates' professional activity:
- conducting pre-design studies, studying needs and preferences of the target audience;
- performing graphic design (sketches, coloristic and compositional solutions) of design objects;
- carrying out technical design and programming of information environments and systems;
- development, configuration and using information technology implementation tools (methodological, informational, mathematical, algorithmic, technical and software);
- computer modeling, visualization and animation of digital products;
- development and coordination of all types of project documentation.
4.3. Objects of graduates' professional activity
Information processes, technologies, systems and networks, their instrumental (software, technical, organizational) support, methods of designing, debugging, production and operation of information technologies and systems in the field of mass media, digital design and media industry.
4.4. Planned results of mastering the educational program
As a result of mastering the program, the following competencies should be formed at the graduate:
Universal competencies (UC):
- UC-1 Ability to search, critically analyze and synthesize information, to apply a systematic approach to solving the tasks.
- UC-2 Ability to determine the range of tasks in accordance to the goal and to choose the best ways for solving them, based on existing legal norms, available resources and restrictions.
- UC-3 Ability to carry out social interaction and realize their role in the team.
- UC-4 Ability to make business communication in oral and written forms in the state and foreign language.
- UC-5 Ability to perceive the intercultural diversity of society in social istorical, ethical and philosophical contexts.
- UC-6 Ability to manage his time, to build and implement the path of self-development based on the principles of education during their life.
- UC-7 Ability to maintain proper fitness level.
- UC-8 Ability to create and maintain safe living conditions, including emergency case.
General professional competencies (GPC):
- GPC-1 Ability to apply natural science and general engineering knowledge, methods of mathematical analysis and modeling, theoretical and experimental research in professional activities.
- GPC-2 Ability to use modern information technology and software in solving problems of professional activity.
- GPC-3 Ability to solve the standard tasks of professional activity on the basis of information and bibliographic culture using information and communication technologies and taking into account the basic requirements of information security.
- GPC-4 Ability to participate in the development of technical documentation related to professional activities using standards, norms and rules.
- GPC-5 Ability to install software and hardware for information and automated systems.
- GPC-6 Ability to develop algorithms and programs suitable for practical use in the field of information systems and technology.
- GPC-7 Ability to select platforms, hardware and software tools for implementing information systems.
- GPC-8 Ability to apply mathematical models, methods and design tools for information and automated systems.
Professional competences (PC):
- PC-1 Ability to create a comprehensive figurative-stylistic and volumetric-plastic solution of design projects with visual information objects.
- PC-2 Ability to design graphical and users' interfaces.
- PC-3 Ability to develop artistic and technical layout of a network publication.
PC-4 Ability to perform technical support for the processes of creating and maintaining a network resource.
- PC-5 Ability of computer modeling, visualization and design project presentation.
5. STRUCTURE AND VOLUME OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
State final certification (master's theses)
The volume of the program implemented in one academic year – 60 ECTS
The volume of the program obligatory part – 144 ECTS
Types of practices:
Types of educational practice: introduction practice.
Types of manufacturing practice: technological practice.
State final certification: preparation for the defense procedure and defense of the final qualification work.