Software technologies for distributed information processing
National Research University of Electronic Technology (MIET)
DESCRIPTION OF BACHELOR'S PROGRAM
«Software technologies for distributed information processing»
Education Field: 09.03.04 Software Engineering
After graduation students can easily find студентам successful application of their professional skills. Students annually take part in various domestic and international scientific and practical conferences, show high results in personal and team programming competitions. Employer enterprises through their representatives - part-time teachers participate in the development of work curriculum and program content, they also provide methodological support of the program. This allows students to undergo practical training as close as possible to the real work conditions, as well as to have prospects for further employment in the respective enterprises and companies.
2. MISSION AND OBJECTIVES OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
2.1. Mission of the educational program
Development and self-development of a holistic personality - a world-class professional, demanded in one or several areas of professional activity in the field of industrial production of software for information and computing systems for various purposes.
2.2. Objectives of the educational program
Training graduates who are able to participate successfully in development, operation and maintenance of software technologies for distributed information processing for the needs of the innovative economy of Russia and other countries.
3. GENERAL CHARACTERISTIC OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
Orientation (profile) – Software technologies for distributed information processing
Assigned qualification – Bachelor
Mode of study – full-time
Languages of instruction – Russian
Duration of study – 4 years
4. CHARACTERISTIC OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY OF GRADUATES OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
4.1. Area of professional activities
06 Communication, information and communication technologies (in the field of electronic means design, development, production and operation).
4.2. Types of professional tasks and tasks of professional activity
Types of graduates' professional tasks:
- project (design).
Tasks of graduates' professional activity:
- participation in scientific research (experiments, observations and quantitative measurements) related to objects of professional activity (software products, projects, processes, methods and tools of software engineering) in accordance with the approved tasks and methods;
- building models of objects of professional activity using computer modeling tools;
- making description of ongoing research, preparation of data for compilation of reviews and reports;
- participation in the design of software product components in an amount sufficient for their design within the framework of the task;
- development and integration of software product components;
- management of the software product life cycle processes, verification of its operability and execution of technical documentation
4.3. Planned results of mastering the educational program
As a result of mastering the program, the following competencies should be formed at the graduate:
Universal competencies (UC):
- UC-1 Ability to search, critically analyze and synthesize information, to apply a systematic approach to solving the tasks.
- UC-2 Ability to determine the range of tasks in accordance to the goal and to choose the best ways for solving them, based on existing legal norms, available resources and restrictions.
- UC-3 Ability to carry out social interaction and realize their role in the team.
- UC-4 Ability to make business communication in oral and written forms in the state and foreign language.
- UC-5 Ability to perceive the intercultural diversity of society in social istorical, ethical and philosophical contexts.
- UC-6 Ability to manage his time, to build and implement the path of self-development based on the principles of education during their life.
- UC-7 Ability to maintain proper fitness level to ensure full social and professional activities.
- UC-8 Ability to create and maintain safe living conditions, including emergency case.
General professional competencies (GPC):
- GPC-1 Ability to apply natural science and general engineering knowledge, methods of mathematical analysis and modeling, theoretical and experimental research in professional activities.
- GPC-2 Ability to use modern information technology and software in solving problems of professional activity.
- GPC-3 Ability to solve the standard tasks of professional activity on the basis of information and bibliographic culture using information and communication technologies and taking into account the basic requirements of information security.
- GPC-4 Ability to participate in the development of technical documentation related to professional activities using standards, norms and rules.
- GPC-5 Ability to install software and hardware for information and automated systems.
- GPC-6 Ability to develop algorithms and programs suitable for practical use, apply the basics of computer science and programming to the design, construction and testing of software products.
- GPC-7 Ability to apply in practice the basic concepts, principles, theories and facts related to computer science.
- GPC-8 Ability to search, store, process and analyze information from various sources and databases, present it in the required format using information, computer and network technologies.
Professional competences (PC):
- PC-1 Ability to apply languages and methods of formal specifications for modeling software.
- PC-2 Ability to use operating systems, network technologies, software interface development tools and database management systems in software development.
- PC-3 Ability to justify the design decisions made, to carry out the formulation and implementation of experiments to verify their correctness and effectiveness.
PC-4 Ability to use methods and tools for researching objects of professional activity.
5. STRUCTURE AND VOLUME OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
State final certification (master's theses)
The volume of the program implemented in one academic year – 60 ECTS
The volume of the program obligatory part – 80%
Types of practices:
Types of educational practice: introduction practice.
Types of manufacturing practice: design and technological practice, undergraduate practice.
State final certification: preparation for the defense procedure and defense of the final qualification work.